Friday, June 18, 2010

The View From the Top

We had an unbelievable chance to go to Hawaii for our 10th anniversary. Truly out of this world. I still can't believe that it has happened, even though I have pictures to prove it:)

I has a lot of things that I could call my new favorites discovered. I liked the hike to the Diamond Head a lot. It was not the easiest hike, but not too bad either. And the view from the top is amazing!
here we are half way there. on one of the resting points.

The whole sky is ours:)


Then come lots of stairs (284, according to the T-shirt I got)


and dark tunnels

and catacombs that open to a place for a gunmen (the US army used to have a facility there as a highest point of the island gives a good defensive position) You get to climb out of a window and than... finally...

The view opens up. Amazing, breathtaking view... and it's not the end, you can go higher and higher...And even more views open up...

and there you are, standing on the top of the world... ( there is Waikiki beach behind us)
well, not quite at the top.
the very top has the words "DANGER KEEP OFF" on all for sides in large red letters. Which alone of course doesn' do the job of keeping off the curious... but the presence of a very grumpy ranger did the trick.Still we saw some amazing views.
I can't wait to do it again and next time I will take my children with me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment